This product is out of stock SEA-PUR-100
- FILTRATION: Purigen ranges in color from almost white (cream) to light yellow. Seachem Purigen is not a mixture of ion exchangers or adsorbents, but a unique macro-porous synthetic polymer that removes soluble and insoluble impurities from water.
- SELECTIVITY: Seachem Purigen is an organic filtration resin that works hard to remove nitrogenous compounds and waste produced by fish, corals, and even plants, making your water crystal clear.
- CAPACITY: Being both spherical and macroreticular, Seachem Purigen has microscopic pores that increase its usable surface area to many times that of a purely spherical resin.
- REGENERATION: Once Seachem’s Purigen is exhausted, it can be regenerated with a solution of bleach and water. The bleach will literally “burn off” the organics that have been removed from the tank.
- SAFETY: Some slime coat products may permanently foul Purigen and render regeneration difficult. Do not reuse if odor of bleach/chlorine is detectable. In case of doubt, soak beads in small quantity of water and test for residual chlorine with a chlorine test kit.
- Age Range Description: All Stages